This small recessed latch is handly when you don’ have enough room on your road case for a medium recessed latch. Such as 3RU rack cases, and some other compact cases. In some cases, you might be building a lightweight road case with 6mm plywood and prefer smaller hardware. Compared to surface mount latches that are also compact and lightweight, a recessed latch leaves an almost flush surface after it is installed thus reduces the chances of damages. This latch is also padlock-able for added security.
Below list should be helpful if you prefer to make your case lightweight with smaller hardware and thinner board:
- Small chrome ball corner with offset
- Small chrome corner brace
- Laminated plywood panels 6MM
- Small single angle edge extrusion
- Small hybrid extrusion for 6mm plywood panel
- Small surface mount handle
- Small lid-stay hinge
- Small corner brace
- EVA foam 5mm
Happy building, and remember to share your finished road case with us via Facebook for a 20% discount on your next order.