This medium recessed road case butterfly latch is made of 1.2mm 18 gauge steel with 100Kg load and is suitable for small to medium road cases of upto approx. 1.2M long. medium butterfly latches are the most popular type of latches thanks for their built quality and better value for money compared to the larger latches.
This matt-chrome plated latch comes with a 30mm offset so that it can hug tongue and groove extrusions perfectly. Being a recessed latch, it leaves an almost flush surface after it is installed thus reduces the chances of damages. This latch is also padlock-able for added security.
We recommend this large latches if you are building a road case with 12mm plywood panels. We have put together a list of matching hardware below for your convenience. If you are building a smaller case less than 800mm long you can choose medium-sized recessed latches instead.
If you choose to build your road case with matt chrome hardware, the below list can be very helpful in putting together your order.
- Large matt chrome ball corner
- Large matt chrome corner brace
- Medium matt chrome recessed handle
- Medium matt chrome recessed latch
- Large matt chrome lid-stay
You probably will also be using 9mm plywood to build your medium-sized road case, so below are links to the panels and extrusions:
- 9MM U-Cap Extrusions (If you need to cover your dividers inside the road case)
- Tongue Extrusion with 9MM Gap
- Groove Extrusion with 9MM Gap
- Edge Extrusion with 30X30MM Legs
- Laminated Plywood Panel (Different Colors Available)
Note the cost of matt-chrome plated hardware is a little more expensive than chrome plated ones. If you do not want to pay the extra just for the different looks, you can order the same medium-sized road case latch in chrome.
Happy building, and remember to share your finished road case with us via Facebook for a 20% discount on your next order.